Friday, February 17, 2012

Lupercalia


Lupercalia takes place on February 15th, and this year I was lucky to have found my box containing my stone wolf figure in time to set up a small alter. We haven't finished unpacking from the move, not by a long shot, but I managed to prepare a small offering and alter before the end of the day. I hadn't consecrated or cleansed the space yet, so it seemed like a great time to do so as Lupercalia is a purity festival (as well as a fertility and health fest), that developed from an older festival called Februa (where we get the month of February from) which also revolved around purification and spring cleaning/cleansing.

Communing with the wolf spirit, I ask for protection for ourselves and the land we inhabit as well as driving away evil and consuming any malevolence that comes our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment